Join The Board of Women Leading In Local
The Women LEADING IN LOCAL Advisory Board is an active voluntary board of women who work in local media and advertising and are committed to advancing the position of women in local media and marketing through BIA/Kelsey’s Women LEADING IN LOCAL programs and activities.
A maximum of 10 women leaders representing companies in local media, from technology vendors to media companies, are invited to serve two-year terms (1 year with optional second) on the board.
Board Member Responsibilities
- To commit to one- or two-year terms
- To advance the position of women in local media and marketing by illuminating the accomplishments and lessons learned by women who have achieved prominence in the space.
- To mentor women in the local space through participation of Women LEADING IN LOCAL activities and events.
- To support and promote Women LEADING IN LOCAL within their company and communities.
- To work actively with the Women LEADING IN LOCAL group and audience.
- To dedicate an average of two to four hours per month in addition to attending networking events
- To participate in at least one Women LEADING IN LOCAL networking event at the BIA/Kelsey conferences.
- To dedicate time on their own to mentor, network and author original content and programming for the Women LEADING IN LOCAL web site and programming activities (webinars, videos, conferences).
- To network to help identify and host women speakers at the Women LEADING IN LOCAL events.
Board Member Benefits
- The ability to increase exposure, build relationships and enhance their image with the most senior-level executives from online and traditional media
- A free pass to BIA/Kelsey conferences
- Signage at the Women LEADING IN LOCAL session
- Logo/signage online on the conference website and the group’s webpage: www.biakelsey.com/WomenLeadinginLocal
- Visibility on the conference website associated with the WLIL session
- Opportunity to speak or recommend and recruit speakers for the WLIL events and sessions
- Opportunity to promote business at WLIL events with promotional items
- Opportunity to mentor new women in the space
Board Member Qualifications
- A solid knowledge and experience in the local media space and currently working in*:
- Yellow Pages
*The board will not have more than two people from the same industry in order to ensure representation across diverse industries/segments the group serves.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of these areas:
- Organizational management
- Fundraising, business development, sales or marketing
- Strategic networking
- Communication and presenting
- Able and willing to devote the time and energy needed to actively participate on the advisory board—advise on monthly planning meetings, help recruit leading women professionals for speaking roles, attend a minimum of one BIA/Kelsey conference each year, work 2-4 hours monthly on board business and marketing.
- Excitement and commitment to motivate others in the space to help further the mission of the group and its programs.
- Translate ideas into action – commitment to not only offer ideas but also implement and remove barriers to further our mission and activities.
If you are interested in becoming a Women LEADING IN LOCAL Board Member please contact Celine Matthiessen VP Analysis & Insights, via email: CMatthiessen@biakelsey.com.